Malpas Village Hall Trust
The Trustees are committed to protecting and actively promoting the improvement of the local environment.
The Trustees will ensure that environmental policies are integrated into the decisions taken on all their services and will seek to:
- Make the most efficient use of energy and water through encouraging users to be prudent in their use of the heating and water systems. Energy efficient lighting will be installed. Posters will be on display in key locations to encourage users to use water sparingly and to turn off lights and heating appliances when not required. Users will be encouraged to use cutlery and crockery provided in the kitchen rather than bringing disposable items to reduce the consumption of materials.
- Minimise and where possible eliminate all forms of pollution, using biodegradable chemicals where possible, and minimising use of solvents and lead based paints. Users will be encouraged to avoid creating noise pollution, especially at night.
- Use the minimum quantities of water possible in accordance with their activities and ensure that the water is both supplied and disposed of, in the purest condition possible, meeting statutory requirements. They will communicate to users, and volunteers, the need to conserve water, e.g by ensuring all taps are turned off after use.
- Avoid waste and encourage the appropriate conservation, re-use and recycling of resources. They will encourage all users to make use of the recycling facilities provided by the Council.
- Ensure that the potential environmental impact of the building project will be assessed and minimised. This will include, where possible, methods of construction which make best use of resources; designs which result in low maintenance and high energy efficiency and the use of building materials from sustainable resources. It will encourage hirers and volunteers to use and operate the building correctly to conserve energy and minimise waste.
- Promote a sense of responsibility and understanding for the environment and participation in environmental issues, by raising user awareness, by information provision and open consultation with the local community.
- To purchase, where possible, from local and regional suppliers, in order to maximise input to the local community and minimise carbon emissions from transport.
- Protect the health and well-being of all users and volunteers, and improve the quality of Malpas Village Hall.
- By promoting local activities, thus reducing the need for residents of Malpas to travel out of the village for leisure opportunities.
- Monitor, review and where possible improve performance each year, with positive action on any areas of non-compliance.
Review date August 2014